We aim to cater for all the needs of all our visitors. We offer one en-suite ground floor room for our guests on a bed and breakfast basis. We are a totally non smoking establishment. We offer help with luggage on arrival and departure if required, please do inform us of any special requirements that you have prior to your visit to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The following statement is a summary of our facilities. If you have any specific questions please feel free to contact us either by phone or e-mail.
- The nearest mainline train station is at Alnmouth 9 miles away.
- The nearest airport is Newcastle 42 miles away
- Taxi services are available from Alnwick and Seahouses – please ask for details and we can arrange.
- Hospitals, dentist, optician are in Alnwick 9 miles away, Doctor in Embleton and Seahouses
- A deposit is required for advance bookings and payment on departure is by cheque or cash. We do not have credit card facilities.
- Wireless internet connection available throughout the house for guests
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
On arrival you can park directly outside the front entrance of the house. The surface throughout is gravel and there is ample parking here
- The front door has three steps each 7cms
- The door is 85cms wide
- On entry there is a lobby 2.5 metres wide, which leads to the hallway and guest bedrooms
- There are ceramic tiles throughout all public areas
- All guests are provided with front door and room keys so 24hr access is available
- If required guests can enter the house through the rear door which has a ramp and a 1cm thresh into the house
The entrance hall which leads to guest rooms and dining room is 2.4m wide with ceramic tiling and no rugs
Lighting in the public areas is good
- Breakfast is served in the dining room from 8.00 – 9.00, earlier times can be arranged and special diets can be catered for with prior notice.
- There are no steps in the dining room and the flooring is ceramic tiles, with a rug underneath the dining table
- Furniture in the dining room can be moved to suit any individuals requirements.
- Table is 75cm high 4 chairs have no arm rests, 2 have arm rests and can be moved to suit individual requirements
- Menus can be provided in large print if required
- No background music is played during breakfast
- We have 1 ground floor bedroom which has either a super king or twin beds
- The main bedroom door is 80cms wide and the bathroom doors are 68cms wide
- The bed can be accessed from for left or right
- There is a lamp at each side of the bed (super kingsize – 6ft wide) and 1 lamp between each bed (twin) beds are 3ft wide)
- Furniture can be moved around on request
- The bedroom has a short pile carpet
- There is under floor heating throughout
- There is a pendant light fitting in the centre of the ceiling
- The en-suite shower room has a step into shower which is 24cm high
- The shower room has a heated towel rail
- Access width to shower is 48cm
- Anti slip shower mat is available on request
- The hand basin has a rounded front with free space under and is 82cms high
- Above the sink there is a mirror and shaver point
- The toilet is 42cms high
- The shower room is lit by 5 ceiling mounted down lighter
- An iron and ironing board are available
- We can do laundry on request – a small charge will apply
We can provide packed lunches if ordered the day before. An extra charge will apply
Grounds and Gardens
The garden can be accessed from the kitchen via patio doors (135cm wide) with 2 steps down each 7cm high. There is a patio with furniture for our guests to enjoy
The owners live on the premises and are available for help and advice. There is information on safety and fire procedures in the guest folders